Senior Pizza Chef
Cheltenham Cheltenham Belgrave House, Imperial Square GL50 1QB 51.89764 -2.07694
£10.30 - £11.93
Your Career. Made by You.
Your role in our family
You’ll be responsible for leading and developing our kitchen teams at the heart of our sociable pizzerias. If you’ve got a passion for food, experience in a kitchen as well as managing a team, this role is perfect for you. You will be training new pizzaiolos and leading the team to craft perfect pizza as well as showing off your skills to connect with and wow our guests.
What’s in it for you
Whatever you’d like to get from your job with us, we’ll support and empower you to progress and develop. What you get here, is made by you.
Earn While you Learn:
We partner with Lifetime Training to deliver our Apprenticeship –Level 3 which is equivalent to an A Level. You’ll be supported through your programme with a Lifetime Regional Trainer, as well as your Restaurant Manager and gain a nationally recognised qualification to take with you wherever you go.
Who we are
In return, you'll work with ambitious teams, who're highly collaborative and agile, all striving to win at every opportunity. We work in an environment that values contribution from everyone and you'll join a sociable team, who've donated over £2m for our charity partners over the past 5 years.
We offer an hourly rate of £10.30 but with plenty of ways to progress your career there’s lots of opportunity to earn more!
- £10.30 per hour plus gratuities split 50/50 between our waiting and kitchen teams*
- We offer Wagestream – a money management app that gives you power over your pay in real time. You can stream up to 40% of the money you’ve already earned and track your money throughout the month (excludes Milano and Jersey)
- Treat yourself and your friends with 50% discount (all drinks included)
- Enjoy delicious free pizza on shift
- Exclusive benefits portal, with discounts and more across online and high street shops
- Refer a friend scheme – £200 for kitchen team & £1000 for managers
- 28 days paid holiday (pro rata)
- Uniform provided
- Fully paid training, learn on the job
- Want to progress? Fancy an Apprenticeship or to become a Manager? Just say it and we are on it
- Wellbeing support for you and your family, including for financial, legal and mental health
- Plan for the future with company pension contributions
- Life assurance – we obviously hope you won’t need it, but it’s there just in case
We’re proud of every one of our team members, and we value the unique story that each of us brings. Our diversity makes us stronger, and we believe that sharing and supporting what matters to us helps to break down the barriers that stop us all from truly belonging and connecting. Inclusivity and respect are at the heart of our business and are valued by our teams, customers and suppliers. PizzaExpress and Milano is a place where everyone is welcome, and everyone belongs. As such, we assess each application on the aptitude to do the job and nothing else.
*Tronc, or credit and debit card gratuities and service charge, is a fair way to pay Tronc tips to our teams. All Tronc tips go to you, our team, with the amount split 50:50 between our kitchen and waiting/front of house team. All tronc payments are made at the end of each pay period, along with your normal pay. This sits outside your contractual benefits, and is one of the best perks of working in the hospitality sector.
£10.30 - £11.93